Here at Alisa Pan Garment Inc (“Alisa Pan”) we are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of your personal information. To provide you with the full Alisa Pan shopping experience, we collect, use, transfer and disclose your personal information in a number of different ways. This privacy notice explains and covers:
- The personal information we collect
- How we collect your information
- How we use your information
- Marketing preferences, adverts and cookies
- Links to other websites and third parties
- How we share your information
- Your rights
- Changes to this privacy notice
- How to contact us
Who We Are
Alisa Pan is a leading online fashion retail company. We design, product, market and sell clothing, targeted at female consumers all over the world.
Alisa Pan Garment Inc, of 1881 Kettering, Irvine, CA, USA 92614 (collectively referred to as “Alisa Pan”, “we”, “us” and “our” in this privacy notice) is the controller and responsible for your personal information collected through the www.alisapan.com website (the “website”).
Details of our Information Protection Officer responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice, and our details are set out in the “How to Contact Us” section at the end of this notice.
Our commitment to you
We take the protection of your personal information seriously and will process your personal information fairly, lawfully and transparently. This privacy notice describes the personal information we are collecting about you and how it is used.
We will only collect and use your personal information for the following purposes, to:
- fulfil your order(s)
- keep you up to information with the latest offers and trends
- give you a better shopping experience
- help us to make our marketing more relevant to you and your interests
- improve our services
- meet our legal responsibilities
How we keep your information safe and secure
We have appropriate organizational safeguards and security measures in place to protect your information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed.
The communication between your browser and our website uses a secure encrypted connection wherever your personal information is involved. We encrypt your information and store it on secure servers hidden behind a firewall.
We require any third party who is contracted to process your personal information on our behalf to have security measures in place to protect your information and to treat such information in accordance with the law.
In the unfortunate event of a personal information breach, we will notify you and any applicable regulator when we are legally required to do so.
The personal information we collect
Personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include anonymous information, where the identity and identifying information has been removed.
While our website is designed for a general audience, we will not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13 or sell products to children. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to use or submit your information to the website.
The following groups of personal information are collected:
- Identity Information includes information such as: first name, last name, title, date of birth (optional), personal description (optional), photo (optional) and gender (optional).
- Contact Information includes information such as: email address, billing address, delivery address, location, country, telephone number, loyalty program membership number, Amazon ID (if you log in with Amazon) and social media id (if you log in by social media).
- Financial Information includes information such as: payment card details or PayPal account information.
- Transaction Information includes information such as: details of your purchases and the fulfilment of your orders (such as basket number, order number, subtotal, title, currency, discounts, shipping, number of items, product number, single item price, category, tax etc.); payments to and from you and details of other products and services you have obtained from us, correspondence or communications with you in respect of your orders, and details of any rewards and bonuses awarded.
- Technical Information includes information such as: details of the device(s) you use to access our services, your internet protocol (IP) address, login information, your username and password, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Profile Information includes information such as: purchases or orders made by you, product and style interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
- Usage Information includes information such as: how and when you use our website/app, how you moved around it, what you searched for; website/app performance statistics, traffic, location, weblogs and other communication information; loyalty program activities; and details of any other Alisa Pan products and services used by you.
- Marketing and Communications Information includes information such as: your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Information such as statistical or demographic information for any purpose. Aggregated Information may be derived from your personal information but is not considered personal information as this information does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Information with your personal information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined information as personal information which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
How we collect your information
We may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- Direct interactions – you may give us your Identity, Contact, Financial, Transaction, Profile, and Marketing and Communications information (as described above) by filling in forms, entering information online or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, telephone or otherwise. This includes personal information you provide, for example, when you:
- Create an account or purchase products on our website;
- Subscribe to our newsletter, discussion boards, social media sites or create wish lists;
- Enter a competition;
- Join an Alisa Pan loyalty program;
- Complete a voluntary market research survey;
- Contact us with an enquiry or to report a problem (by phone, email, social media, or messaging service);
- Use the “refer a friend” function on our website; or
- When you log in to our website via social media.
- Third parties – we may receive personal information about you from various third parties, including:
- Technical Information from third parties, including analytics providers such as Google. Please see further information in the section entitled ‘Marketing preferences, adverts and cookies’.
- Technical Information from affiliate networks through whom you have accessed our website;
- Identity and Contact Information from social media platforms when you log in to our website using such social media platforms;
- Identity and Contact Information from Amazon when you log in and pay with Amazon Pay
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Information from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
How we use your information
The legal basis for processing your personal information
We will only collect and process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. As a information controller, the legal basis for our collection and use of your personal information varies depending on the manner and purpose for which we collected it.
We will only collect personal information from you when:
- we have your consent to do so, or
- we need your personal information to perform a contract with you. For example, to process a payment from you, fulfil your order or provide customer support connected with an order, or
- the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or
- we have a legal obligation to collect or disclose personal information from you.
Uses made of your personal information
Your personal information is used by Alisa Pan to support a range of different activities. These are listed in the table below together with the types of information used and the legal bases we rely on when processing them, including where appropriate, our legitimate interests. Please be aware that we may process your personal information using more than one lawful basis, depending on the specific activity involved. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal information where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
Type of information
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
To create an account and register you as a new customer (either directly or via social media).
To process and deliver your order including: recording your order details; keeping you informed about the order status; process payments and refunds, collect money owed to us; and assist fraud prevention and detection.
To manage our relationship with you, including: providing you with any information, products and services that you request from us; notifying you about changes to our services, terms and conditions or privacy notice; asking you to leave a review or take a survey.
To enable you to take part in a competition, event, survey, or receive a reward for shopping with us.
To administer, protect and improve our business and our website/app, including: troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, data analysis, reporting and hosting of data; setting default options for you, such as language and currency.
To deliver relevant website content, online advertisements and information for you; and measure the effectiveness of the advertising provided.
To use data analytics to: improve our website, products, services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences;
and for market research, statistical and survey purposes.
To recommend products, services discounts and offers that may be of interest to you, including to send you such information by email, post or SMS.
See further details in the section ‘Marketing preferences, adverts and cookies'
To inform or remind you by email of any task carried out via our website which remains uncompleted, such as incomplete orders or abandoned baskets.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we wish to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. We may process personal information without your consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
If you have any questions about how Alisa Pan uses any of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How long we keep your information for
We will keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) it was provided for and to meet our legal obligations. Further details of the periods for which we retain information are available on request.
Marketing preferences, adverts and cookies
Marketing - your preferences
We may send you marketing communications and promotional offers:
- if you have opened an account with us or purchased goods from us, or registered for a promotion or event, and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing (in accordance with your preferences, as explained below);
- by email if you have signed up for email newsletters;
- if you have provided us with your details when you entered a competition and you have consented to receiving such marketing (in accordance with your preferences, as explained below).
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Transactional, Usage, Profile Information and Marketing and Communications Information to form a view on what we think you may like, or what may be of interest to you, and to send you details of products and offers which may be relevant for you.
We will ask you for your preferences in relation to receiving marketing communications by email, post, SMS and other communication channels.
From time to time we may also include with your order, inserts advertising goods, services or offers from other third-party companies that you may be interested in.
In respect of third party marketing communications, we will obtain your express opt-in consent before we share your personal information with any third party for marketing purposes.
You will always have full control of your marketing preferences. If you do not wish to continue receiving marketing information from us (or any third party, if applicable) at any time:
- you can unsubscribe or ‘opt-out’ by using the unsubscribe button and following the link included in the footer of any marketing email; or
- account holders may withdraw their consent by simply logging in to My Account and editing your ‘Contact Preferences’.
We will process all opt-out requests as soon as possible, but please note that due to the nature of our IT systems and servers it may take a few days for any opt-out request to be implemented.
We use online advertising to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you find our products. Like many companies, we may target Alisa Pan banners and ads to you when you use other websites and apps, based on your Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Information. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and a range of advertising technologies such as web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience Service.
Our use of analytics and targeted advertising tools
We use a range of analytics and targeted advertising tools to display relevant website content on our website and online advertisements on other websites and apps (as described above) to you, deliver relevant content to you in marketing communications (where applicable), and to measure the effectiveness of the advertising provided. For example, we use tools such as Google Analytics to analyze Google's interest-based advertising information and/or third-party audience information (such as age, marital status, life event, gender and interests) to target and improve our marketing campaigns, marketing strategies and website content. We may also use tools provided by other third parties, such as Facebook, Adroll, Springbot, Criteo and Bing to perform similar tasks, using your Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Information.
The Digital Advertising Alliance (which includes companies such as Google, Responsys and Facebook) provides a tool called WebChoices that can perform a quick scan of your computer or mobile devices, find out which participating companies have enabled customized ads for your browser, and adjust your browser preferences accordingly.
If you would like any further information about the information collected by these third parties or the way in which the information is used, please contact us.
Links to other websites and third parties
Our website may include links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates, or to social media platforms. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to their websites.
How we share your information
We may disclose and share your personal information with the parties set out below:
- where you have consented for us to do so. For example, if you have consented to receive marketing materials from third parties, or in respect of third parties’ (including co-branded or jointly promoted) products and services, we may pass your information on to the relevant third parties for the purpose of sending you such marketing communications;
- to business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors and other third parties that we use in connection with the running of our business for the purposes set out in the table above in the section ‘How we use your information’, such as:
- third party service providers that we engage to provide IT systems and software, and to host our website;
- third-party payment processing services (including Authorize.net, PayPal, Braintree, and Card Connect) to process your payment to us. We do not store your credit/debit card information;
- third party service providers that we engage to deliver goods you have ordered;
- third party service providers that we engage to send emails and postal mail on our behalf including in relation to incomplete orders or abandoned baskets, or marketing communications, to provide information cleansing services and to provide marketing and advertising services;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our website;
- affiliate networks through whom you have accessed our website;
- to any third party to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal information in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
- to protect our customers and website from fraud and theft, we may share personal information that is required to make identity checks and personal information that we obtain from making identity checks (including information relating to your age, name and location), together with account information, with organizations (including law enforcement agencies), involved in fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction. Please note that these third parties may retain a record of the information that we provide to them for this purpose;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation; or
- to our professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
Your information and countries outside of Europe
The personal information we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, destinations outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") using legally-provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer information across borders. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. We will take all steps necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Whenever we transfer personal information outside the EEA, we will ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring appropriate safeguards, as required by law, are in place. This may include using specific contractual clauses approved by the European Commission which give personal information the same protection as it has in Europe. More information about these is available here http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32010D0087
Please contact us if you want further information on the countries to which we may transfer personal information and the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal information outside the EEA.
You have several rights under the information privacy legislation. This includes, under certain circumstances, the right to:
- request access to your personal information
- request correction of your personal information
- request erasure of your personal information
- request restriction of processing of your personal information
- request the transfer of your personal information
- object to processing of your personal information
- object to automated decision making
Brief details of each of these rights are set out below. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email us at email@example.com.
Request access to your personal information
You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you and certain information relating to our processing of your personal information.
Request correction of your personal information
You are entitled to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can update your personal information at any time by logging into your account and updating your details directly, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request erasure of your personal information
This enables you to request that Alisa Pan delete your personal information, where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Request restriction of processing of your personal information
You have a right to ask Alisa Pan to suspend the processing of your personal information in certain scenarios, for example if you want us to establish the accuracy of the information, or you have objected to our use of your information, but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it. Where processing is restricted, we are allowed to retain sufficient information about you to ensure that the restriction is respected in future.
Request the transfer of your personal information
You have the right to obtain a digital copy of your personal information or request the transfer of your personal information to another company. Please note though that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Object to processing of your personal information
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information where we believe we have a legitimate interest in processing it (as explained above). You also have the right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Object to automated decision making and profiling
You have the right to object to the automated processing of your personal information without human intervention. This form of processing is permitted where it is necessary as part of our contract with you, providing that appropriate safeguards are in place or your explicit consent has been obtained.
We will try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally, it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to exercise any of the above rights. This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right to lodge a complaint
If you have any concerns or complaints regarding the way in which we process your information, please email us directly at email@example.com. You also have the right to make a complaint to the ICO (the information protection regulator in the UK). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please do contact us in the first instance.
Changes to this privacy notice
From time to time we may change this privacy notice. If there are any significant changes we will post updates on our website, applications or let you know by email.
How to contact us
We welcome feedback and are happy to answer any questions you may have about your information. Please send any questions, comments or requests for more information to firstname.lastname@example.org. This Privacy Notice was last updated on January 22, 2019.